Designation : Associate Professor – Marketing.
Professor D Anto comes in with nigh on twenty-five years of teaching, consulting and corporate experience in the field of marketing specialities and business communication.
During the preceding one and a half decades, Professor D’ Anto has been tutoring at top-notch B-Schools in India, on the specialisation subjects of the marketing management and retail management area, viz., Integrated Marketing Communications, Product & Brand Management, B2B Marketing, Marketing of Services, Customer Relationship Management, and the core courses of Marketing Management & Business Communication. Adept at the Executive education, Masters and Bachelors’ level of professorship, Professor D’ Anto has been consistently rated with distinguished student feedback. He has also been the Dean & Director – Academics in his first B-School assignment.
- Faculty co-ordinator for the Marketing/Student Clubs.
- Internal Quality Auditor from Marketing Area for the ISO internal audit. Can audit the Programs of MBA, BBA, EMBA & EPGDM.
- Core Committee member for the creation of new / modified courses in area of marketing such as Digital Marketing, Business Marketing, Customer Relationship Management & Integrated Marketing Communications; responsibilities included the construction of learning-objective based syllabi.
Prior to turning into academics, in pursuit of self-actualization, Professor D’ Anto had served for a decade in various managerial roles in world-class organizations, in the domains of retail, telecommunications, enterprise-wide IT solutions and marketing communications (specifically in the areas of Public Relations consulting and Advertising & Media Planning).
His areas of interest are in research on Integrated Marketing Communications, B2B & Service Brand Management, Marketing 3.0, New-age Marketing & Corporate Communications, including Public Relations.
Indicative Research & Development participations:
- Exploring Permanency of Pandemic Influenced Changes in Habitual Consumption Behaviour, National Conference on Marketing in the Age of Digitalization and Disruption, Ramaiah Institute of Management, Bangalore; 12th August, 2021.
- Designing Better Courses: Blending the Best of Pre- and Post-Pandemic Pedagogy, AMA Higher Ed Virtual Conference; July 21st 2021.
- American Marketing Association Marketing Tomorrow from the Frontlines of a Pandemic: Moving Forward Together, AMA Higher Ed Virtual Conference; June 22nd – 24th, 2021.
- Critical Organisation Studies Workshop – Managing the post-colony: focus on South Asia, IIM-Calcutta & School of Business, Alliance University, Bangalore; May 7th & 8th, 2021.
- The Art of Case Writing Work for Business Education, Center for Management Development - IBS, Hyderabad; January 27-28, 2012.
- ISO Internal Quality Auditor training workshop, School of Business, Alliance University; 2011-12.
Professor Sunil D’ Anto has been pursuing his doctoral programme (Ph.D in Marketing) at School of Business, Alliance University, Bangalore. He had earned his MBA degree from New Hampshire College, Manchester, USA and his PGDBA from Institute of Technology & Management, Chennai. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Management from University of Madras. And is an alumnus of IHM – Bhubaneswar & IHM – Chennai, National Council for Hotel Management, Government of India, PUSA, New Delhi. He is a product of India’s seventh best boys’ school.
His personal affiliations revolve around People, World Wide Web, Social Networks, PDA-Smart Phones & other electronic gadgets, Creative Writing, inspired Reading, Drama, Music and inspirational Cinema.